Scope and Application. Findo is committed to maintaining your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains our privacy practices, including the types of information that you may provide to us, how we use such information and the choices you have regarding our use of that information. Our Privacy Notice applies to a) Individuals who participate in the Services by registering through the Website or mobile device (“Users”), b) casual visitors to our Website (“Site Visitors”), and c) individuals who access, install, copy, or use the Software on their computers or mobile devices (whether alone or bundled with third party products) (collectively “You”).
Information we collect and how we use it. We collect information to provide our services to you and to improve these services on an ongoing basis. Our Services processes the content of any of the local and/or cloud-based accounts or services that you authorize, such as email, email attachments, documents, images and contacts; then builds a search index of this content (“Content”). This index then allows you to search your Content in an easy, user-friendly manner to find that important information you are looking for.
Information you provide or that we collect from you falls into 3 broad categories: Personal Information, Activities Information, and Anonymous Information.
- Personal Information. We use the term “Personal Information” to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you. Personal Information will be collected as part of our normal operations in order to provide and improve our services. For example, our registration requires your name and e-mail address. To create Content for your searches, you may provide access to your local or cloud-based emails, documents, contacts, images and/or social networks data. To enable us to better understand the characteristics of our users and to provide services tailored to your needs, we will also collect Metadata (http://techterms.com/definition/metadata), and we may need link your Personal Information with Anonymous Information or Other Information. ANY INFORMATION LINKED WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED AND PROTECTED AS PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
- Activities Information. Activities Information is information collected by so-called “persistent identifiers” such as cookies. Unlike Personal Information, Activities Information does not directly identify a particular person; the information, however, is or can potentially be linked to a particular computer or device.
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous Information is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning, for example, your visits to our Website or the pages on our Site that you visit most frequently.
- PLEASE NOTE: Sensitive Personal Information. We do not collect sensitive information from you such as medical, financial, confidential or proprietary information. When you use our Services, we strongly suggest that you do not include any such information.
Information You May Provide in order to use our services. You may provide the login information to the services that you would like us to connect to on your behalf to build your index. You may provide us the names of folders on your desktop, laptop or external drives. You may provide:
- Personal Information for Registration. When you choose to register with us, we will collect certain Personal Information, such as name, email address in order to set up your Findo account, to provide you with our Service, to respond to your inquiries, and fulfill your requests. We may also use this information to periodically send marketing materials and informational notices as described below. You also have the option of submitting a photo.
- Registration with Social Media. Should you choose to register by using your Facebook or Google account, in addition to the email you provide us to access the account, we will collect any necessary Metadata that uniquely identifies you within such websites, in order to provide our service.
- Questionnaires and Surveys. You may choose to participate in surveys and questionnaires, which we may post on the Site from time to time. We use these responses for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of our Service. We may also ask in some instances, that in addition to providing your responses, you also provide Personal Information in order for us to contact you directly if we have a question that could help clarify your response.
- User Communications. Should you need or want to communicate with us through email@example.com, we keep this information in order to answer your questions and help improve the quality of our service and our support.
Information collected when you use our services.
Activities Information. We and certain service providers operating on our behalf (i.e. Google Analytics, a third-party tracking service) collect Activities Information with respect to our Services. The following further summarizes the Activities Information that is collected and how it is used:
- IP Addresses; Logs. We may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser or device, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, device manufacturer and model, access codes and tokens, language, name and version of the Services (such as the Findo App and/or Software) you are using and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information to improve our services. This information will be aggregated to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
- Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked, simply do not click text or graphic links in the email.
- Tags. We may use so-called “pixel tags” which are small graphic images (also known as “web beacons” or “single-pixel GIFS”), to tell us which parts of our website have been visited or to measure the effectiveness of searches customers perform on our Site. Pixel tags also enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they inform us whether emails have been opened, to help ensure that our messages are of interest to our Users.
- Mobile Application Usage. When you use the Findo App for mobile devices, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers.
Anonymous Information. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software supporting the Services to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Service, and for other similar business purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users of our Service and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties. Generally:
- Site Visitors. The only information we collect from Site Visitors will be Anonymous Information that does not identify the visitor in any way.
- Questionnaires and Surveys. Our Web Site may allow Site Visitors and Users to participate in surveys and questionnaires, which we may post on the Site from time to time.
- Computer Configuration. We may collect information about your operating system and browser when you visit or use our Web Site to determine if your computer is compatible with our system.
Other Business Purposes. We use information we collect for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Service, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Protecting Rights. We may use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. Findo has an obligation to cooperate with local, federal, or state authorities if this service is used for illegal activity, including but not limited to, terrorism.
Your choice and consent. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. Providing your Personal Information to us through our Services confirms your agreement to be bound by this Privacy Notice.
FINDO CURRENTLY DOES NOT SHARE, SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH AFFILIATES FOR THEIR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. If this changes, we will post an update to this policy and email you with instructions on opting-out.
Informational Notices and Bulletins; Marketing. Periodically, we may send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information to you in the interest of improving our services, or developing and offering new features. If you haven’t opted out, as described in Choice above, we or our Affiliates may use Personal Information to send communications and bulletins.
Receiving Electronic Communications from Us. You can choose to opt-out of receiving bulletins, updates, Findo newsletters, or other marketing-related materials by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the bottom of each Marketing e-mail.
Exceptions. Please understand that if you choose not to receive marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as notices concerning operation of this Website and the Service, legal and other related notices concerning your relationship with Findo. You cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
Access to and correction of your data. If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete Personal Information you have previously provided to Findo, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or what other limitations you would like to put on our use of Personal Information you have provided to us. We may request information from you for purposes of verifying your identity before fulfilling such requests. While we will try to comply with your requests to delete your Personal Information from our databases, please understand that it may take up to one month to remove this information completely. We will try to comply with your requests made in accordance with this section as soon as reasonably practicable.
Retention and deletion of your data. We retain Personal Information for the period needed in order to provide your Services and maintain our business and customer records. Findo has appropriate data retention and disposal processes in place to ensure dispose of Personal Information in a manner that is designed to protect against loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
Should you decide to unsubscribe from Findo, by emailing email@example.com, your account access will be removed within 24 hours.
Disclosures to Third Parties. We may disclose your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Findo Affiliates. By “Affiliate,” we mean an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Findo, whether the control results from equity ownership, contract, overlapping management, or otherwise. We share information that you provide or that we collect with Affiliates located worldwide, for all of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including, without limitation, for the provision of technical support to you.
- Transfer of Assets. In connection with a sale or other corporate transaction of all or substantially all of the assets of the business entity responsible for the information under this Notice, it may be necessary to transfer to a third party information it collects, including any Personal Information.
- Protecting Rights. Findo may disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, you or others; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. Findo has an obligation to cooperate local, federal, state authorities if this service is used for illegal activity, including but not limited terrorism.
Security and Location of our servers. We have put in place security systems designed to protect against unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personal Information you provide to us, and we take reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information. Findo employs trusted, state-of-the-art, and compliant servers to store all data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our goal to use and handle information collected in a responsible manner. For one, we strive to limit our use of information that we collect as set forth herein. We also take reasonable measures to secure your information by physical, legal, and technological means, such as storing your information on secure servers, located on premises that permit access only to authorized Findo personnel, encryption of data transfers (such as information contained on registration and profile pages) and provision of the technical ability to protect your account with a password. In spite of such precautions, the security of your information cannot be absolutely guaranteed. First, we believe that no security system is impenetrable or fail-proof.
Further, Findo cannot control what data are stored in the accounts you choose to connect to our Service, or your handling or treatment of your information. Therefore, you must exercise sound judgment with regard to you data, including without limitation to forming your own assessments as to the propriety, risks, and sensitivities with regard to the information you transmit.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may attempt to notify you electronically as quickly as possible under the circumstances so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Findo or providing personal information to us, you consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please email us at support@Findo.io with the alternative contact information you wish to be used. In addition, we may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs.
WE RESTRICT ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO FINDO EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND AFFILIATES ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS. These individuals are screened and bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, up to and including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Consent to Worldwide Transfer and Processing of Personal Data. Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which Findo and its Affiliates maintain facilities. In this regard, or for purposes of sharing or disclosing, Findo reserves the right to transfer information outside of your country. By using the Service, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country for the purpose of enabling you to use the Service.
Monitoring and enforcement. Findo uses a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with this Privacy Notice and periodically verifies that the Privacy Notice is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, and accessible. We encourage users to raise any concerns by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information.
PARTICIPATION BY CHILDREN AND MINORS DUE TO FEDERAL LAW (CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECT ACT), YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows California residents once a year to request a list of what Personal Identifiable Data we have disclosed to third parties for that their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests are free of charge.
Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If we do decide to share your Personal Identifiable Information with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this disclosure at any time by submitting a request firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this Site and our Service, please contact us at: email@example.com
Complaints regarding content processed through the Findo Software and/or Service --
Please note that whether or not we disable access to or remove content, Findo may make a good faith attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the user who posted the content and/or take other reasonable steps to notify the user that Findo has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation. It is also our policy, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users, or groups as the case may be, who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
Please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. You may therefore want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice or a counter-notice.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
Notice of Copyright Infringement:
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), Findo has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. Findo has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may complete and submit a written communication which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to Findo’s Copyright Agent as follows: by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact us by mail at:
ATTN: Copyright Agent, to special attention of Gary A. Fowler
68 Willow Road,
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice, pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. You may provide a written communication which contains:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- Your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) located in the Northern District of California (Santa Clara County), if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the Complainant submitting the notice or his/her authorized agent.
Please submit your Counter-Notice to Findo Copyright Agent as specified above.