Our top priority is the security of your data. We work diligently to protect your data starting with a secure login process and strong encryption. Our team follows the highest standards of engineering practices and employs state-of-the-art methodologies and tools to build and maintain Findo. You can rest assured that we have implemented multiple levels of security to protect your data.
Findo uses the following methods to transfer, protect and keep your data safe and provide you with a google-like search experience:
- Findo uses HTTPS protocol to encrypt the traffic between the web-browser and the server.
- Your Findo account and all accounts that you choose to connect are password-protected. In addition, the passwords are encrypted using PBKDF2 algorithm.
For most of your accounts, we do not have access to your passwords, we store tokens:
- If you register to Findo using your Facebook or Google account, Findo uses the OAuth2 standard for authorization and not your password. OAuth 2 is an authorization framework that enables Findo limited access to your accounts on an HTTP service, such as Facebook and Google. OAuth 2 provides authorization flows for web and desktop applications, and mobile devices by delegating user authentication to the service that hosts the user account, and authorizing us to access your account with a token instead of your password.
- Findo also uses the OAuth2 standard to access the accounts which you choose to connect.
Exchange accounts are a bit differernt as we are not provided with a token. In order for Findo to access Exchange, we do use a password, so to further protect your security, we store this in an encrypted format.
- Findo employs trusted, state-of-the-art, and compliant server facilities to store, process, backup and make your search results available to you.